-->

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Costs vs Benefit


I've been motivating myself to revise for my consumer psych midterm next week with the reward of Benefits Bad Gal mascara. I've wanted it for ages but the £15.50 price tag put me off a little bit. Anyway, today i decided revision had gone well enough to finally give in. I'd read a few mixed reviews on the internet so i was really eager to try it out. I'm currently using No.7 extravagant lashes (sorry about the rubbish picture!) as i have quite sensitive eyes and like to use products that are hypo-allergenic so I'm hoping a high quality brand like benefit will work just the same. I'd read in some of the reviews that some people were finding the brush hard to use and i have to agree with them. The mascara clumped on the brush and i ended up getting it all over my face. I tried to take a picture of the two different brushes, perhaps I'm just used to using the square brush on the No.7 mascara...


I also found that it didn't make my lashes quite as long or dark as I'd expected it to and it's already starting to flake. I'm really disappointed as i usually love benefit products. Hopefully with a bit more practise and maybe some layering I'll change my mind, but right now, I'm going to have to conclude that the costs definitely outweigh the benefits for this mascara. To finish on a positive note, at least it will look pretty in my make up bag! :)
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Nice post! And your writing is like reading an article in a magazine.
    Good luck to your blog
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I find benefit normally pretty good, but badgal is actually terrible! I'm at Oxford Brookes uni, but I live in Wales! What's bangor like? I have a few friends there and they love it! Good luck with the mid-term! xoxo

    p.s. you look just like Ashlee Simpson in your pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is like a review in a magazine! love it and i love benifit but i usual stick to max factor 2000 calories, its from £5-9 and its like my favv ever!
    love sammy
    www.sammy-living-in-sin.blogspot.com

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love this last thought. It will definitly look good in your handbag... and that's worth a lot :) Hope it turns out better than the first impression
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review

    www.fashionnicotine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete